After welcoming and introducing the new participants Klaus Bremer, Thomas Wittek and Vidar Andersen, we got down to the main topics of the evening:
A decision was taken for our future logo. It has been selected by internet vote from several proposals. It will be fine-tuned by the creator and then published.
Possible topics for the following meetings were discussed . Among them MoinMoin 1.6, Python 3.0, Coding-Styles and corresponding tools, the editor vi(m) and Eclipse's PyDev.
In our series "My favourite editor" Rebecca Breu introduced the emacs-editor and its Python capabilities:
- excellent navigation, especially using the keyboard
- python-mode providing code-completion
- independend from the programming language
- stack for copy and paste
- code templates
- highly customizable
Review: 13 meetings, 4 different locations, an average of 14.42 participients, 21 presentations, 12 lecturers
Future activities and wishlist:
- More discussion within the meetings
- There is the wish for a better room. Although the room provides beamer, internet connection and is free of charge, it is not feasible for discussions (several rows of computer desks)
- Discussion about financing a better room, activities or advertising.
- Establish cooperation with the city of cologne and schools
- Organisation of Sprints or a Python-Camp