Reimar Bauer talked about the Google Highly Open Participation Contest™ for students which involves tasks for the Python-Project, Plone and MoinMoin. After 100 new tasks have been added recently, the Python project now features more than 250 tasks.
Talk proposals and requests for future pyCologne meetings:
- Talk about MoinMoin (proposed by Thomas Richter
and to be held by Reimar Bauer)
- Talk about the Publisher/Subscriber-Pattern (Observer-Pattern) (proposed and to be held by Christopher Arndt)
- A general introduction into design-patterns (advantages and disadvantages, different types, example: Singleton-Pattern) by Stefan Pielicke
- A talk about the Composite-Pattern and its use-cases e.g. parsing/matching by Ralf Schönian
- Selected advanced topics from an introductory course into Python (Iterators, Generators, Lambda, Sets, function-parameters with *, **) by Rebecca Breu