This time the meeting started off with the talks immediately:
- Firstly, Ralf Schönian talked about the use of Python in Enterprise Business Applications as an example:
- Java is of prime importance for this type of applications. Nonetheless python is being used.
- Karrigell as a lightweight framework, SoapPy, Epidoc, many backports for Python 2.3 (Elementtree, subprocess,...), SQLAlchemy
- Ralf proposed to introduce his favourite editor Ulipad at one of the next meetings.
- Secondly, Houman & Anh Tu Sam introduced their Online-Speed-Dating Project "ZweiDabei":
- Online-Dating using a new concept: Speed Dating within the Internet using webcams
- Implementation in Python using Django for the frontend-, Twisted for the backend-part.
- Plan: It is planned to go online in summer using Amazons computing service
This time at the end of the official part of the meeting old and new participants were introduced:
New participants Houman und Anh Tu Sam.
The next meeting will be held on, Wednesday, May, 14th.
The minutes of the meeting in German language can be found here.
Like usual we enjoyed the rest of the evening in a nearby restaurant having food, drinks and friendly conversation.