The meeting started with our yet traditional presentation of old and new participants.
Andreas Schreiber opened the meeting with some announcements:
- FrOSCon will take place in Sankt Augustin near Bonn/Germany from 23rd to 24th August 2008
- Europython will take place in Vilnius, Lithuania from 7th to 12th July 2008
Introducing of the module Pyparsing (Tobias Schlauch):
Tobias gave a detailed overview of parsing texts and how to use the pyParsing-Module
- What is pyParsing? What kind of grammers can be parsed using pyParsing?
- Defining grammers with pyParsing.
- Applying these grammers to texts.
- Processing of parsing-events through special actions.
Representation of (UML)-class-diagrams using Tkinter and the Canvas-Widget (Thomas Lenarz):
Thomas gave an overview of how Tkinter's Canvas-Widget can be used to draw Graph-like diagrams.
- A general short introduction to Tkinter (Widgets, Geometry-Manager).
- The Canvas-Widget (Display-List, drawing of compound graphical objects using Tags)
- Drawing lines and UML-like arrow-types
- Moving of objects and scrolling
The next meeting will be held on, Wednesday, June, 11th.
The minutes of the meeting in German language can be found here.
Like usual we enjoyed the rest of the evening in our usual italian restaurant having food, drinks and friendly conversation.