This time we had as a special guest Guy Kloss, who introduced the New Zealand Python User Group (NZPUG)
and held his talk about Python/C++-Integration:
Thinking Hybrid - Python/C++ Integration (Guy Kloss)
- The slides can be found at SlideShare: Thinking Hybrid - Python/C++ Integration
- Source-Code and Examples:
- Examples: PyNativeIntegration-examples.tar.gz
- NaSt2D (2D Fluid-Dynamics-Solver): PyNativeIntegration-nast2d.tar.gz
- (on the Web: ftp://ftp.lrz-muenchen.de/pub/science/fluiddynamics/cfd/NaSt2D or http://people.scs.fsu.edu/~burkardt/cpp_src/nast2d/nast2d.html or Version 2.0: http://home.arcor.de/drklaus.bauerfeind/nast/eNaSt2D.html)
EuroPython 2008 from 7th to 12th July 2008 in Vilnius.
Talk by Travis Oliphant (ENTHOUGHT) on 24th of July 2008 at DLR about NumPy, SciPy and the Enthought Tool Suite. The slides and Video can be found at https://wiki.sistec.dlr.de/TechTalks/20080724OliphantNumPy
Talk by Guy Kloss on 13th of August.at DLR about Multithreading vs. Multiprocessing. The slides and Video can be found at https://wiki.sistec.dlr.de/TechTalks/20080813KlossMultithreadingVsMultiprocessing
FrOSCon on 23th/24th of August 2008 at FH Bonn-Rhein-Sieg in St. Augustin Talks/Events from pyCologne-Members: Stefan Pielicke about SVNChecker and "A Python Coffee/Tea-Party" featuring a general introduction into Python and a talk about Turtle-Graphics by Dirk Hünniger and Günter Jantzen.
PyCon UK from 12th to 14th September in BirminghamTalks by pyCologne-Members: Andreas Schreiber about Organizing the Data Chaos of Scientists
"wxPython in Action" (Noel Rappin, Robin Dunn)
"Python für Kids" (Gregor Lingl) - Introduction to Python for children
- "Turtle Geometry" (Harold Abelson, Andrea diSessa) - A book diving into the mathematics of Turtle-Graphics
The following Web-Pages were presented during the meeting:
The next meeting will be held on, Wednesday, September, 10th.
Like usual we enjoyed the rest of the evening in our usual italian restaurant having food, drinks and friendly conversation.